Originally Posted by questions
Of course, I realize we'll have a king-sized problem next year, but for now, it's the right thing to do. In fact, I think school gets in the way of his education. If he didn't have to spend all day in school, he'd be flying....

I also realize that to date almost everything he knows he's learned outside of school, and there's no reason to think that will change anytime soon....

PS- I know there's nothing he'd like better than being homeschooled. I'm just not that brave... yet.

I love what you've written and I feel the exact same way. It's sad when school gets in the way of real love of learning! And there are just some kid's personalities who'd lend themselves well to homeschool. My DS7 is one. Our DD3 on the other hand - not so sure. She loves the structure and regularity of preschool and already talks about kindergarten like it's the ultimate goal.

I'm glad this is working out for you and your son! Sounds like a really great set up. And it'll be interesting to see how the king size problem plays itself out in the fall. smile