Ditto the Captain Underpants!

And if your kids like that kind of humor, you might look into the Jiggy McCue series: _The Killer Underpants_, _The Toilet of Doom_, etc.

DS6 DEVOURED the first one, and he's been pestering me about when the rest of the series will be delivered ever since. ("Soon. Soon! Asking me every hour on the hour won't make them arrive any faster!")

Anyway, DS6 has been in heaven! The first book reminds me of a cross between _Harry Potter_ and _Captain U_. It is a novel geared for 9yos and up, not a comic book.

Plot: In _Killer Underpants_, the hero, required by his mother to get rid of the holey, filthy undies he normally wears, dons a new pair of underwear and finds they have evil powers. Nuttiness ensues until he can figure out how to get them off.

It's humor, mild horror stuff (not gory or violent, just in the loss of control and superpower areas). He (and the undies) make his best friend flush his own head in the toilet, for example. Not violent, but a wee bit creepy nevertheless. The hero is concerned about accidentally doing violence, so a very sensitive child could have trouble with it, I suppose. (Though neither DS6 nor DS3, my sensitive one, were at all bothered.)

Anyway, it's another option that you may not have heard of. It's from British Scholastic, but Amazon sells it.

Kriston