I like to discuss and celebrate what kids are doing--all kids! I have a friend with a developmentally delayed child, and I get just as excited about what he's newly able to do as I do about what my friends with PG kids tell me about their kids' development. And all those kids in between delayed and gifted. Kids are just really, really cool, and it's fun to celebrate how they grow and change.

I think maybe what we're talking about is not so much "bragging," as in "my kid is better than your kid" or something icky like that. I think it's about being excited and enjoying what kids are doing. It's about sharing the good days, and not just trying to solve (or even just complaining about) the problems. It's about loving our job of parenting.

We have a brag thread here, and it's one of my favorite threads to read. I LOVE hearing what cool things these kids are doing, the challenges they're overcoming, the kindnesses they show to other people. That's really the sort of stuff we brag about here. I personally think that's very healthy, and it's definitely not focused on precociousness. It's about celebrating happy growth as a community. I like that, and I wish people IRL could do more of that with us.

Kriston