Originally Posted by MsFriz
Originally Posted by passthepotatoes
That's when with good friends you trust you explain.

It's here on this forum where many parents find the only people they can trust to understand, so it's troubling when someone is accused of one-up-manship even here.

That's the problem I'm having, too.

I feel strongly that our conversations are healthy and positive. The reason so many of us are happy here is because we are NOT seeing people who act the ways that passthepotatoes is claiming people are acting.

I'm sorry you see it as oneupsmanship or something negative about our kids, passthepotatoes. I definitely think you're off-base. I don't think you're fairly reflecting what we do here, and I feel like you're judging us, on everything from how we feel about our kids to what kind of conversationalists we are. I'm uncomfortable with that--with all of that! I think it's over the line.

If you want to change the entire culture as it relates to milestones, then that's your right. You're entitled to your opinion.

However, your experience and your ready answers don't mesh with my reality.

I'm with Taminy and the others who say that we are happy with what goes on here. It is good for us, good for our kids.

At some point, there are diminishing returns in any disagreement, and I feel like I've hit that point.

Kriston