Thank you for sharing this link. In exploring its contents, I see the 2013 article begins with criticizing the symbol of the blue puzzle piece, and goes on to include this link to a 2009 article.
Few medical conditions rival autism as a magnet for controversy. Practically everything about the disorder — its cause, its treatment, the way it is diagnosed, how it is studied — is subject to bitter dispute, sometimes to the point of death threats.
This article goes on to mention a specific video which was immediately pulled when some expressed offense.

From the article, evidently what was intended as an outreach (encouraging families to investigate quirks) and empathy (sharing personal experiences of the exhaustion and difficulty in dealing with ASD) came across to some as eliciting "fear and pity."

Possibly some ideas may have been better expressed by the organization in their video with fact rather than left open to interpretation. For example:
- Rather than stating the number of children being diagnosed, the video is described as stating: "I work faster than pediatric AIDS, cancer and diabetes combined."
- Rather than stating divorce statistics, the video is described as stating: "And if you are happily married, I will make sure that your marriage fails."
Many (although not all) people may prefer straight facts and numbers. Hopefully the particular organization has reconsidered its approach to raising awareness.

For future readers wishing to learn more about this controversy, it is discussed in some detail here.