OT called me today and said his visual something and fine motor skills are above average, but she gave some sort of assessment and identified some "sensory" things. She didn't elaborate but said she'd email her report. Then she didn't. Which pretty much encapsulates how communication has been all year with every layer involved.

I said the teachers haven't followed 504 plan consistently this year, and the biggest complaint I have is that they do not respond to my weekly, check-in email, asking about his performance and behavior. One does (but her tone is not descriptive--I'd describe it as contemptuous, but I tend toward hysteria). The others don't for a long while, until they do--and then it's never any good news, after weeks of my assuming no news is good news. I've tried explaining I'm trying to get a picture to share with his prescribing doctor and counselor, but that has been entirely ineffective.

I took DS to a counselor today who is going to do EMDR therapy with him, long-term, to try to strengthen executive function and self-awareness. When we left, DS was so relaxed and happy, he skipped to the parking lot and proceeded to do a bunch of push-ups. He was very smiley and warm during the session and that was heartwarming. All I've seen lately has been a very drawn, defended, and miserable child.