Hi all, I'm the mother of three gifted kids, at least two of whom are 2e. In process of getting deeper w my 12 year old son who is currently in FT gifted program, 6th grade, he's suddenly hit the wall. Current dx is ADHD w anxiety but indicators of developmental issues and going to get neuropsych eval by doc w expertise in 2e.

I've asked twice for Spec Ed eval and been refused twice bc test scores and grades were high. Middle school has been nightmare so far. I haven't heard a single nice thing all year. Very poor executive functioning, lacks self awareness, doesn't read social cues and has no ability to "play the game."

Teachers have not followed (simple) 504 and seem to range from defensive/combative...to inexperienced/ineffective.

Just received word that OT has met w teachers and some interventions are planned --I was unaware he'd been screened and have no idea what the findings are.

He was supposed to be evaluated for motor and sensory issues. Waiting with bated breath to find out what's going on.

Neuropsych is looking for spectrum disorder, NLD, EFD, etc. I don't think it's autism but it's *something.*

Was so happy to find this forum. This has been the most painful year yet. Ironically, I have gifted master's and used to teach in this program. Unfortunately, that's worth less than nothing when it comes to figuring out my own child.