Originally Posted by Katelyn'sM om
And ACS I love your honesty about the hates of motherhood. I am literally checking off your list with yep me too.

I am nothing if not honest!

I get tired of the hollow reverence our culture has of mothers. As long as we say what a special privilige it is to parent and what an honor it is to be a mother and we aren't honest about the many sacrifices we make and the very hard work we do, the culture is unlikely to take our work seriously. Yes being a mother is important work. It is also hard work. Raising children well is essential for the continuation of our country. As such, it deserves the support of the community and the country and the government etc. If we just say it's a special gift and we are honored to do it, we will likely not get the support we need.

I have worked 3 days a week since DS was born. I have a emotionally and intellectually challenging job that I get paid pretty well for and I am proud of the work I do. But honestly, I think parenting is harder and the society does not give me nearly as much support for it as it does for my paid job. KWIM?

Stepping down from the soap box now.