Grinity: great list and I love the idea of coaching for oneisenough. And Kriston I love that you came out and said what most of us were thinking but just did not have the balls to type it.

I only wanted to add a train of thought to acs post.
When she goes off to school, she will have to trust adults other than you and you will have to trust those same adults. I would suggest that you can start preparing yourself in baby steps toward that now.
Oneisenough,

You were a teacher at one point and think about it from that angle. Parents trusted you with their children and as a society this is an accepted practice that we have to look outside ourselves and trust people with our children. If you were worthy of that trust isn't there someone you can give a chance to trust with your child? She is old enough to take steps away from you and that doesn't mean that your bond with her will be broken. You are just taking the necessary steps we all have to do: letting her spread her wings. It is a very important part of mothering and just as important as the first stage. I know it is hard for a lot of people but essential for you and her. So no more excuses. I believe in pulling the bandaid off quickly. Take Grinity's list and run with it. Make a goal to call at least two places on the list tomorrow and open the door to the conversation. You will find that the more places you contact the more you will be at ease and the more you will be closer to the goal.

Oh also to add to Grinity's list, if your community has a newletter or an email group those are great ways to advertise. Our community is always emailing out about preteen and teenagers looking for babysitting jobs. Also if you have a community mailbox check for postings there are post one yourself.

Last edited by Katelyn'sM om; 01/18/09 03:56 PM. Reason: added info.