I have high hopes that things get better as they get older. I hear all about women crying as their babies grow up and I am rejoycing that my baby is not a baby anymore. Since she was born things have gotten 100% better and as she gets older is is continuing to get easier and easier. I look forward to her full time school days a lot, even though that means I will have to be back to work. Anyhow, I get how as she gets older things will be easier. She will have friends to play with and that will keep her entertained...instead of me being the entertainer! I will have a HUGE break when she is at school during the day. Maybe I will meet some other parents at her school when she goes. She will be able to help me with the housework, instead of whining until I finish it and play with her. I am seriously hoping she develops an imaginary friend!

Anyhow, I do have hope for the future. Unfortunately, dd is just so clingy and demanding still that there is not a lot I can change right now. I am really praying that she will like preschool in the Fall. That would be such a great break for me and since I will not be back to work while she is in preschool, it would be time just for me to do whatever I want!!!!

Thank you for the replies. Things really are fine...I am sure this is common enough. My mom had her first child when she was 21...so she doesn't know what she missed, in terms freedom during her adult life. I had my baby when I was 29, so I really know what I am missing! That's just life though...and I do love my baby more than anything, we are so blessed.

Last edited by oneisenough; 01/16/09 08:43 PM. Reason: my spelling is horrible...sorry!