Originally Posted by Katelyn'sM om
tummy time was very lax on their part.

I had no idea what 'tummy time' was until DS was 6 months old. I hope he did some at daycare - as he was there 5 hours a day 3 days a week. When a friend who I respected took the time to sit with me so I could try to put him in 'tummy time' there were many tears (rage on his part, sadness on mine)

The deal with the sling was that he did cry when we first used it, but that I was very active in the local La Leche group, and one of the leaders sold me my sling, so she taught me how to use it, and every month would show me new positions to use it in. He did get used to it, and I did learn to nurse with him in the sling, which was probably the 'killer application' for DS. Did he use me as a 'pascifier' - no doubt! How knows if I did right or wrong - not me for sure!

If I could have put him down on that 'sheepskin' thing and done 5 minutes of 'kitchen duty' I'm sure he would be a different kid today, but I'm not sure that I would have been willing to watch him get that mad and that sad. I hope that with support, I would have. ((shrug))

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com