Yeah, I thought school would give me a much-needed break...and now I'm homeschooling. eek Things don't always work out the way you expect...

I think Grinity is right that you need to find a way to take a break for yourself sooner rather than waiting for later. Get over the idea that you are the only one who can take care of your child. Frankly, it's not true, and you're not doing yourself any favors there. (Tough love there, but important for you to hear, I'm afraid. And it really is said out of honest care for your well-being!)

Find a responsible 12 or 13yo and have her come over afterschool while you're in the house. Use that time to read or write or take a long bath or think or whatever you don't have time to do. You're still in the house, so you know your daughter is safe. Teach the mother's helper how you do things so that she can be a great sitter when you want one. When that sitter gets old enough that she's hard to get when you need her, start training another 12 or 13yo.

It's a system that has worked smashingly for us. DH and I go on dates every single week and have since our kids were small, and we know that our kids are perfectly safe because I have trained the sitters extremely well. We can even take overnights for special occasions like anniversaries without worrying. Heaven! laugh With no family in town for us, it's really been the only solution for us, and it has been a good one.

We're on our 4th sitter now, and all 4 of them love our kids like family. The older ones who are off at college come back to visit often because they like us all so much and know that we like them. They choose to spend time with us just for fun when they don't have to. It's really the way to do it. You need a support system.

Get some time for you. It's important!

Kriston