Originally Posted by oneisenough
I look forward to her full time school days a lot, even though that means I will have to be back to work. Anyhow, I get how as she gets older things will be easier. She will have friends to play with and that will keep her entertained...instead of me being the entertainer! I will have a HUGE break when she is at school during the day. Maybe I will meet some other parents at her school when she goes. She will be able to help me with the housework, instead of whining until I finish it and play with her.

Oh, so you see 'school' as the 'knight on a white horse coming over the hill to save you,' do you?
If you can find a school were she can spend significant amounts of time with mind-peers, then yes, but if you just 'send her' then chances are very low that things will get better. You have to set up the playdates NOW, make the friends NOW, start setting the timer for housework/playtime NOW. (Check out Flylady.net for tips on streaming housecleaning and Housefairy.org to help the little one get on board with 'care of the environment.')

BTW - you can encourage her to develop that imaginary friend by telling her about yours or that you heard another little girl had one, and what would that be like, playing 'let's pretend we have an imaginary friend.' I'm imagining trying this with my DS, and him looking at me like I'm C-R-A-Z-Y, but he's a very 'ground-ed in reality kind of guy.'

You have to find that other trusted adult that can spend time with her while you rest up. Do not expect going to school to solve your problems. Journal about what bugs you the most and start taking steps NOW. Even if the steps don't work. My Clingy baby just 'clang' tighter after spending all day being 'good' in a 'poor fit' environment.

Sorry about the cyber-faceslap, but I don't want you to coast and hope. I want you to plan and try. I will be here for you when you need to cry about how it isn't working and isn't enough and isn't fast enough. Mothering is slow, hard, work for some of us.

Now to press 'Send' and tremble that I didn't get this wrong...

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com