Originally Posted by ultramarina
Well, we do trust people to drive us and our kids around. Sorry. Devil's advocate. I realize it isn't the same, since generally, people know how to drive. At least kinda.
No, we don't, at least not willingly or without anxiety. I hate any of us being driven by someone who doesn't drive for a living, and avoid it when I reasonably can. DH and I both have licences but don't drive; in my case, this is because I realised I was always going to be aware of how much of a role luck was playing in our not having an accident. I don't think I was a particularly poor driver; just had inadequate illusory superiority in that domain.

Quantitatively, those of you with highly allergic children may be running much higher risks when you trust other people with your children, but qualitatively, I'm guessing the feeling is fairly similar to how I feel when I see DS driven off by someone I don't think of as an excellent driver. Thinking that it may be like that but far worse... well, you have my deep sympathy, and I promise never to be offended when someone doesn't trust my food!

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail