I just have to say that these horrible stories blow my mind. I can't even imagine someone actually having the nerve to say/write/do those things.

All of the schools and daycares that my kids have been in are peanut free. I don't think there are any in our city that aren't peanut free. A couple years the class also banned sesame, whole egg and tree nuts for a kid. There are notes several times a year about not sending in food for birthday's etc. Every birthday party invite I've received has had a note about notifying the host about any allergies so they could accommodate. I heard a couple parents grumble going into JK about what do feed poor picky Johnny/Suzy but once they discovered Wow Butter they were good to go and I haven't heard anyone complain since. In the class are forms with the child's picture, list of allergies, protocol, etc taped to the wall. The teachers all have extra epi pens in their desk. My kids know not to share food - it is drilled into them.

I'm sure there are still some horror stories but the law is on the side of the kids where I live -
http://www.anaphylaxis.ca/en/resources/sabrinas_law.html
Unfortunately it took something tragic to make it that way.

Last edited by chay; 06/06/14 12:48 PM.