So glad this thread was not closed... because I need some advice! So I requested that I or my DH be permitted to accompany DS on field trips as an aide considering his life-threatening allergies. Of course, principal just can not say "yes" to anything I request. I have to admit I am a bit surprised as the parents of DS's friend with diabetes accompany him on every trip but I guess it is more difficult to deal with that than anaphylaxis.

Anyway, principal proposed the following: "We could place in the IEP that DS be assigned to the group that his teacher will personally supervise when on field trips. While the entire staff receives annual training on the use of an epipen, I would further add in the IEP that his teacher would receive a follow-up individual training session with the school nurse. In addition, the two building substitutes would receive the individual training as well in the event that the teacher was absent. Further, we can write in the IEP that the school nurse will see the teacher on the morning of the field trip to personally give him/her the epipen and to review directions for use."
I guess that sounds good, no? Is that what the 504s usually contain? I would feel better with DS being with his teacher's group - the volunteer moms quite honestly are not great. But that also depends on whether or not I like DS's teacher! I don't know what do you all think?