Originally Posted by DeeDee
Originally Posted by Mk13
He's Autistic and needs a one on one care. So we don't really have a babysitter or childcare option for him unless my stepson would take a day off from work or it was on a day when my husband isn't working.

Mk, this is a little off topic, but it might be worth while considering finding an adult friend or a college student who's willing to train as a sitter for you. We have long hired bright, able young adults as sitters-- yes, they are more expensive than regular sitters, but we train them to deal with all the Things that our household deals with (including food allergies and autism).

We have found that it's actually important for safety to have someone around in the community who can take over for you if need be. I.e. if you ever had to take your spouse to the emergency room. Or whatever. Well worth the time and trouble.

DeeDee, we do fortunately have two friends who are our case of emergency but things like these field trips would clash with their own kids' schedules.
DS4.2 will be starting 1 time a week for 2 hours in a preschool class that's ran by our local high school ... for students interested in early childhood education just to give DS a chance to be in a classroom setting (we don't want him in the local public school special ed preschool nor the self contained autism class) and to give anyone interested in special needs kids a chance to get some experience ... and I am hoping (fingers crossed) that maybe he will click with one or two of the high school kids and we might be able to "groom" them into our occasional babysitters. There's always hope, right? smile