We're in week two of kindy at a small lottery charter with a focus on the GATE standards and other gifted stuff... But DD is still clearly way different than most of her classmates. I'm in that "we need to WAIT while they get going and get to know her" phase. We explained a bit about her on the get to know you forms and we won't wait TOO long but the fact that there's a sub for the first six weeks means it'll be even longer before we get really settled in... For now DD is learning how to be at school, and hasn't exploded on anyone yet, as far as I know. Going potty instead of worrying that she'll miss something we're still encouraging. But she's mentioned she's worried she'll be bored, it's all stuff she knows. They did let her go to first grade to pick a book but it was still below her level and she didn't want to read it the next day--novel choosing takes a little guidance! But not a bad sign. I'm trying not to worry that this is all just a huge waste of time. She wants to be learning literary devices like chiasmus and oxymoron. So... A bit more time and then a meeting. Dh is hoping she can go to second or third for LA in a bit...

So anyway, how are your littles doing as the year starts?