Twinkletoes,

I know exactly what you are going through.

My DDs were the same like yours. At least we had the skip but gifted program is a joke. We supplemented with some Maths at home and let them read whatever (although I censor the contents before they read)they want.

I tried advocating for my kids and other gifted kids at school and the principal cooperated to some extent but we don't have much support. Finally we decided to move 1 hour away to Round Rock ISD. I had to commute 75 minutes each way to work but after 2 wks in school, it is worth it.

They have Gifted pull out program both Math and language arts EVERYDAY. 6th grade TAG Math starts with middle of 7th grade level. It still may not be challanging enough for my DD8 who is a HG 4th grader but she could do 6th grade Math. We'll see how it goes.

I do not recommend moving (took some loss selling the house) but meet with the gifted teacher and present ideas such as Khan's academy (good thing about this is they don't have to teach the kid. the kid use internet and learn themselves) and Stanford online Math, etc.... Who knows, it might work out.

Good luck.