Originally Posted by Dbat
Originally Posted by St. Margaret
She wants to be learning literary devices like chiasmus and oxymoron.

This is totally awesome! Your DD sounds just great. There's a similar thread (IMO) going just right now entitled "NEWBIE NEEDS HELP!" in a slightly different area, but I think with the same general device.

(unless, of course, the thread gets hijacked by octopi smile

Best of luck--she sounds way beyond even grade skipping. I think she might benefit enormously from home/alternative schooling, if you can afford it.

Best of luck!

I skimmed that thread and do mean to read/respond. But what the heck is with the octopi etc lately? Lol. I must not have been paying attention to the right threads wink

I am kind of waiting to see if it's totally unrealistic to expect a semi-appropriate education for DD. It is a charter through the biggest homeschool umbrella here, so I teach her every Friday and some extras so about 27%. But it'll be interesting to see if they can accommodate her at all, if she loves going to this school, or if we just switch to the umbrella and homeschool... They do have a one day enrichment program at the same site on Fridays. And tons of support. I think this is why I feel so anxious right now--which way might it go? Having read so much I tend to expect problems but then again there are lots of gifted teachers there, but then AGAIN maybe we are fooling ourselves about what's possible and how crazy her focus is... Times like these I'd love to have any assessment done on her.

Anyway! Sorry for those of you struggling already, happy for the good parts!