Originally Posted by bzylzy
Congratulations Dude. Glad your DD is getting herself back, what a journey you took for her. I'll be thinking of you and your wife and some of the girls-development feedback you received in meetings because DH and I have a meeting this week about a jump and based on one comment one of the women made and her rolling eyes when I said DH would be sure to be there, I think we might be hearing something like this. I'm seriously going to try hard not to laugh, because I'll feel like I'm in a movie or something.

I probably would have laughed in her face in any other setting. But since this was the district person responsible for curriculum, it was much less funny. Hence, the "swallowed a bug" reaction.

Offered homeschooling this summer but DD said "that's a bit drastic right now" and she had a good attitude going in. She's fading now. We're trying to get to Christmas and might take her out then if she's agreeable and still getting sick constantly like she does every year after holiday break. She usually doesn't complain about being bored until at least earl Dec. and she's already complaining.

I think having your DD on board with the decision is key. Ours certainly was. She was openly asking to quit school and go back to homeschooling for a few weeks before we pulled the trigger. When DW took her to school to get her things, she was very sad to say good-bye to her teachers, but there was also an iron determination in her eyes, as if to say, "I'll miss you, but it's for the best." It helps that she'd had prior experience with homeschooling, though.

Incidentally, she LOOOOVES homeschooling so far. DW is loving it, too. I borrowed a metaphor for DD from this forum about stress/frustration, where it fills a cup and you need to pour a little out before it overflows. Yesterday, DD exclaimed, "Mommy! This school doesn't fill my cup!"

Unexpected side effect: DD is exercising a whole lot more than she was before. She has a ton of energy when I get home in the evenings. She wants to play volleyball, frisbee, catch, or soccer, even when she's had a dance class or soccer practice earlier in the day.

I'm curious about parent input regarding her answer marked wrong on the assessment:

QUES: 426 and 264 have the same digits, but in a different order. Do they have the same value? Explain

DD's answer: They don't have the same value because 426 is geater than 264.

Looks like a solid answer to me.