You have plenty of wisdom to offer; I agree with what you said. "Getting along" is necessary but you don't always have to agree and you can walk away. It's hard to fit in but there are people out there, as we have seen on this forum that can relate at least on some level.

I had my kids at 36 and 40. I see my daughter struggling socially and I have cried as well. I don't know what my lvl. of giftedness is frankly because I always thought of myself as abnormal and wierd; too sensitive, etc. I haven't been on this forum long...but it has made me realize now that wow...I'm not nuts...this is actually "normal" for gifted children and though my mother told me I was labeled gifted...I really didn't attach a whole lot of meaning to it until reading up on it due to my thoughts of my daughter being gifted. I wish I knew more about this before...it might have made a difference for me.

Best wishes to everyone here who struggle. I still struggle with depression and although I have little tolerance at times, I remind myself that not everyone thinks or perceives like me and that's what makes the world go around...it doesn't make them bad or wrong and nor does it make me bad or wrong that I don't think like everyone else if this makes sense.

I don't want to be judged (even though I have) so I really try hard not to judge others.