Originally Posted by QT3.1414
First off, do you consider yourself a positivist and/or an empiricist? Just wondering based on your name =)

and yes, I would love to study Latin--French is my first language so I find a significant amount of French words deriving out of Latin (which is fun)

Right now, I am trying to work on something called "quantitative literature" where I like to apply mathematical modeling and statistical methodologies to understanding literature, philosophy, and psychology. It probably does not amount to much but it gives me a lot to do and I thoroughly enjoy the challenge =)

I am not a positivist, no. I think Wittgenstein's criticism of positivism is pretty thorough and devastating. By the way, I think you would love Wittgenstein, if you don't read him already.

Your "quantitative literature" focus sounds interesting. I think that kind of thing could yield really interesting results with certain texts.

For the isolation stuff, maybe ou should try grad school. In the right program you'd find people similar to yourself.

Last edited by whatisinevidence; 03/16/13 11:02 AM.