I just rejoined when I read this post. WONDERFUL! Is it a gift or a curse? I am so frustrated with caregivers I end up yelling or sending subtle "you are an idiot" emails. Im 62 and disabled. I lived in NYC where the best of the best go, for 30 years. My doctors were very good. Now I live in a log cabin in the mountains (which I love) and I can't believe the incompetence here. I have been dysregulated and angry for a long time and my therapists don't get that I not only have a high IQ but many other issues that cause anger and frustration. My current therapist is very smart but she tells me not to research my diagnoses or medications and to stay out of forums. Ive had horrible, incurable dry mouth that rotted my teeth since 2010. I put my meds and side effects in excel and discovered 10 medications and all my OTC drugs cause dry mouth. 10 doctors didn't see that. I had a gifted/intuitive trauma therapist I loved and she died. I never felt invalidated or angry with her and though my current one is smart, she is so stubborn and dogmatic I leave in a rage. I did better when I self medicated.

I tried to get in Mensa but I'm a visual spatial learner and creatively gifted so I blundered the test. For years I had gifted friends I communicated with telepathically and now I'm too sick to get out much. I really enjoy this forum. I get the validation I need.