I'm PG as well (like many parents on this board), and I understand your feelings.

We can't change the world so that it suits us better (sorry! We are outliers!), but we can change. This has helped me, and this is what I teach my son. I'd love to hear if you think this well help my son as he gets older and faces the disillusionment of youth.

-be patient.
In those moments of waiting, learn to observe, guess, play mental games with yourself, have imaginative flights of fancy, or just be in the moment, with a quiet mind, meditative, and waiting.

-be interested.
People are an amazing mystery, dig in. Can you use your brilliant intellect to truly understand the people around you? Would they say that you totally "got" them? Would they say they liked you? Yes, their thoughts and beliefs will frustrate you. Just accept them as they are. Respect the opinions of others, even if you think they are moronic. Maybe others can't reason as well as you, but there are some lessons that only life experience teaches. **There is wisdom in others, learn to look for it.**

-be humble.
You have a gift that you didn't earn. Don't flaunt it.
It will *always* make the majority of people uncomfortable to feel the full edge of your intellect, so learn to blunt that edge. It's not important how smart others find you, but how smart you find others. No one wants to feel stupid, and just being around you, even blunted, will induce that feeling. Mitigate it.

Lastly,
-be on the search for others like you, and let that be your refuge.

These things have helped me, but they won't take away the isolation--that one you have to live with. We are all gifted (even PG folks) in vastly different ways, but life can be very beautiful, even in solitude.

If you have more advice for parents, please share.
I appreciate your comments. smile