Metis, I'd like to frame that post. VERY well-stated. smile

Being both humble and truly open to what we can learn from others is a huge challenge at high LOG-- one that most of us don't really learn to meet until we are fully mature as adults (after college some time).

Using one's intellect to learn to 'pass' among normative people is both interesting/amusing and far more rewarding that one imagines as a younger person, by the way. I actually recommend this approach. I'm a far happier person than my (less gifted) spouse who has NOT chosen to do so.

If you are a person who truly cannot develop that kind of theory of mind, or have a great deal of social difficulty even when you are actively trying to fit in and enjoy others, it's probably worth consulting a professional to find out if there may be more going on than just being PG. Being on the spectrum can also lead to many of the same problems, but the solutions may need to be different. Understanding your self is a good way to understand and be more comfortable with your place in the world.

Another thing that I've noticed in learning to just ENJOY my life:

ephemerality is paradoxically both a great source of joy and also a source of sadness and frustration. Things are often beautiful or transcendental simply BECAUSE they can't/don't last... and this is what "living in the moment" truly means. Being higher LOG makes it a very difficult proposition emotionally. It takes discipline to live in the moment, but if you can do it, it makes all of life meditative and rewarding. I don't mean following others' agenda for you, by any means.

So if a class is boring or unrewarding, bring a sketchpad and make elaborate doodles... enjoy the scenery outside the window...write Haiku about the experience... notice what every person in the room is wearing... translate the speaker into a foreign language in your notes. Invent your own shorthand. Produce "illuminated manuscript" versions of class notes-- just because you can and you like it.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.