I am 23, somewhere between highly and exceptionally gifted depending on which test you believe and how accurate it was, and I somewhat understand where ACh is coming from. Most of the time, the majority of people around me do seem "slow" � I especially hate being faced with supposed authority figures who I feel aren't as bright as I am. I have a particular issue with repetition, which becomes a problem in more situations than you might think. I do have to be patient a lot of the time, even in everyday conversations (people complain that I talk too fast and use words they don't know), and I do feel that no matter how reasonable I find individuals, society at large often seems to have the IQ of a developmentally-stunted amoeba. But no matter how badly the world is set up for gifted people, I could never bring myself to be as bitter as ACh sounds here. I love my life and, notwithstanding a few rocky patches that had more to do with my spirit than my mind, have felt that way for many years. I feel I can work and socialize with "normal" people as long as I am confident and open about my giftedness and surround myself with people who appreciate it rather than fear or resent it (sometimes easier said than done, I grant you). I plan to have children � in fact, were I financially secure rather than a starving grad student, I would start searching for children in need of adoption and/or a surrogate tomorrow (I want children but have no desire to marry). And I very much hope my child is gifted, because I think the pros outweigh the cons by about a million to one, and because all the gifted children who have entered my life in my years as a teacher have brought such incredible light with them.

EDIT: MegMeg, just saw the comment about "GET THERE FASTER!" I love it!

Last edited by zhian; 05/25/10 11:56 AM.