Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
I'd also (respectfully and seriously) submit that being IDEALLY intelligent is probably even more critically important for an executive/CEO/COO than it is for most of the people working in technical positions for that person. Why? Because so much of that job is about understanding other people and being able to successfully communicate with them. The higher your LOG, the more difficult a proposition that becomes. I do think that those people probably have very particular areas of giftedness, and that they are highly gifted in those areas.

There is a real gift I've come to see with many successful leaders. They are comfortable and capable of making quick decisions on minimal information and at lower confidence levels. It may also be why there is an ideally intelligent range at all.

I think the learning behind that sort of expertise happens through the same neural network type of mechanism as learning common sense I mentioned on another thread. In a similar vein (though way more a mainstream/common trait, but still important for many leaders) is to always be on task and in character.