but as noted above... the parents on this and every other parenting forum are the ones being called "staying involved and providing an enriched environment", which for some reason people are trying to call it "gaming the system" for this conversation, enmeshment or lawnmower parenting in other conversations. I just call it immersing yourself into the experience of raising your kids. I don't how you managing your kids library books (and actively teaching them to manage it themselves) has anything to do with gaming the system for any kind of outcome. It's just parenting. But these articles keep coming by that seem to call parenting out for "tipping the scales" in some kind of game or system. Then the outraged response is, well, everybody makes choices and everyone has a free library. Well, not unless your parents make sure you take care of your books. Otherwise the free library charges money or revokes your access. We are talking about chidren. They aren't born with good sense.

(and my kids personally have always had great fine motor skills and been able to be very gentle with things, plus a mom who lets them touch things, so they have a lot of book priveleges for their age... just talking why about houses without books can't "just use the library".)

Last edited by La Texican; 05/01/13 08:47 AM.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar