"Our children come first" could mean either one. I don't who decides which one it means, the one who says it or the one who heard it. You're only responsible for what you meant to say, anyway. Does it mean, "our children are more important than your children" (for whatever reason, iq, ses) or does it mean "our children's welfare and wellbeing comes before anything else in our lives." Not everybody puts their kids first in their lives. Are you at the bar or are you building science kits with your kid? If you're working instead of either it's easy to think someone meant "our kids deserve more than your kid".

ETA: I mean the kind of work where you get off of work early enough to eat dinner with your kids only once every two weeks and the extra money is going to repair the car, yet again, not to SAT prep or high priced NIKEs. -I hope everybody knows that those families are not rare, and struggling harder every year since Clinton. The bad economy is a real thing. I think the existance of those families is why the opinion of this article exists, white guilt, or whatever. There are other issues, just addressing that one point.

Last edited by La Texican; 05/03/13 09:01 AM.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar