How does the "higher SES families talk more to their 0-4yr children gel with 75% of the HG+ are introverts? I know I do talk to my kids a lot, once they start talking to me at 9-10 months old, I do this despite my introversion (I'm not HG+, just introverted), but I know many friends that I would hazard are bright but not gifted talk far more directly to their children, and in their presence, than I do to my kids, at least 1 of whom is HG+... My kids are more likely to hear me beg them to please stop talking for a just 5 seconds. I'm also painfully aware of not talking to them much until they start talking back at 9-10 months old. I do however have this hard wired thing of being completely incapable of not responding to developing communication. I cannot ignore (and gently correct) attempts at communication, making 9months to 2yrs old an exhausting stage... And it boggles my mind when adults ignore children's attempts to talk to them (during language acquisition). So I guess I answered my question to some extent...