bluemagic, what we've found is that those "Super-HARD" and "ALL of my kid's waking hours" classes... um...

well, those benchmarks simply don't apply to HG+ kids. Seriously.

My DD is currently taking: Honors US history, Honors American Govt, German, AP Physics, some SAT-prep class that the school wanted her to take, a study-abroad elective (that has work associated with the pre-travel and post-travel parts of the term) and AP Lit. She's done in about 3 hours a day. Half of that time is on just AP Lit and AP physics, but clearly that isn't saying much.

We just don't mention that to anyone who doesn't already have a VERY good notion of how little challenge the curriculum actually presents for her.

Just figured I'd interject that here, since what MOST 'high achiever' type kids (including those who have squeaked into "GT" programs) require to earn top grades is WAY different than what HG+ people do.

DD views it as a great entertaining game to see how much free time she can generate for herself. We let her, as long as her grades are solid A's. Around this schedule, she has 20+ hours a week to just 'be a kid' and another 20 for various extracurriculars, leadership, community service, etc.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.