No prob Kriston ... I was just taken back and just the thought of anyone thinking I would hothouse sends chills up my spine.

For the powerpoint we were taken back when I was informed of this by the director of a church preschool who happens to be the previous director of this school district's preschool. It has been a topic of conversation among friends (that do not live in the district) and I for a while now. I guess I myself have not made that jump to hothouse but you have a point. So perhaps the argument would be that there probably isn't that many gifted kids, just pressured students that have to be tutored to keep up. It is just matter of fact around here that during the afternoon the Barnes and Nobles as well as a few other stores are taken over by tutors to work with groups of students.

But then I think about the Montessori schools and how toddlers typically are more advance through these programs. Would those be considered hothouse? I don't think so. (Just giving argument to both sides). A lot of these kids went to Montessori preschool to be prepped for the Kindergarten.