Originally Posted by HoosierMommy
My DD will be 3 in Jan. I am still in a bit of GT denial -- some days I think she's smart, other days I think she's ND. How unusual is it for her to be doing simple math in her head. She started at 2.5 subtracting the number of cars in the garage if my DH went to work. Now she's been adding 4+1 and 8+1 in her head which kind of blew me away. Is this just "kinda smart" or "wow smart"?

HoosierMommy - for comparison, my DS4, who is identified as HG+, started doing simple math (1+1=2 and numbers+1) at 3.5. And even having him identified as HG+, we still have many days when we wonder if that can possibly be right!

Originally Posted by HoosierMommy
I get so used to the things that she does that it just doesn't seem that weird to me. Then I see my niece, same age as DD, and I think something is wrong with my DN. Anyone else do this??

I did this when DS was littler. Our very good friend's baby, who was a year younger than our DS, would just sit still and happy in his bouncy seat for long periods of time. DS never sat still at the same age - if you left him in a bouncy seat for any length of time, he would scream! Of course, our friend's son is perfectly normal, but at the time I worried about him.