FWIW, we have our HG+ DS4 in his second year of part-time preschool, and he complains about it every day he has to go. We're thinking one year was enough to get what we wanted out of it (socialization, learning to listen to a teacher), and we should have waited and kept him out of it last year. But it's hard to know when everyone else's kid is going to pre-k and it's your first kid - you just figure that's what you're supposed to do. We're thinking of pulling DS after christmas, and just going to zoo and science museum classes. DS also loves his gymnastics class.

Reading this makes me feel better about not getting in a preschool. My DD listen's well to the teacher in dance class, but is just starting to show wants to socialize with the other girls in class so I am excited about that. We do take her places. Her passion is pandas so we went to memphis zoo to see them. (And I just want to rave about that zoo. I have been to San Diego and the Memphis one is way more intimate and you are right on top of the pandas not kept at a distance. I highly recommend the memphis zoo.)

We also go to art museums which at this age is hard to tell how much she is getting out of it, but since it is an interest of mine she gets exposed. We also take her to live shows and plan to take her to the nutcracker this christmas.

I want to believe that preschool would be good for her but I am also concerned that she will be bored such as your son and FWIW I think you are right to pull him out after christmas b/c he probably has gotten everything he could from the situation of preschool.