I am still rolling on the floor laughing about the What to Expect books (as well as most of the other development books.) DS was less than a year old when DH took the books away from me and not so gently told me to ignore them lol.
I(maybe showing some gifted traits of my own...) kept trying to make the skills listed more difficult so that DS would appear to be more in line with ND development. For example rolls over on own approx 3 months. I decided that since DS was rolling over at 6 weeks, they must mean roll over and over and over like going down a hill.
Another one: Knows colors. Well since he has known the main colors since he was about 8 months, they must mean colors like magenta, tan, and what colors make up orange, green, etc.
Well at DS's 9 month check up the Pediatrician asked if we had any concerns about DS's development, and I said that DS still wasn't rolling over. DH looked at me like I had a grown about 6 extra heads, since by that point DS was walking, and took away the books as soon as we got home!

Anyway, welcome to the board! It will be fun to hear how your daughter grows smile