St Pauli,

It does sounds like an urban legend yet I am reciting it from a director of one of these preschools. You know, I am going to have to ask one of the moms in my DD dance class if any of their children HAD to do powerpoint. Most of them have their first child in Kindergarten so might not get the answer for a while, but one mom has a child that is in either 1st or 2nd grade. So I am going to ask and report back to you to see if the director was just on something or it is true! [Detective Mom on her way!]

The suburb is Round Rock which is north Austin and not far away just a different build up with socialeconomics. We live in West Austin on the lakes and in the hills. Round Rock has a lot of the typical suburb stuff such as track homes and lots of apartments and with that comes that ability for all walks of life to live there and therefore diversifying the school districts.

You know as I am typing this I wonder if I just come off as a pompous arse. We moved into this area last March for two reasons: My husband would not have that far to travel to work which was a concern due to gas prices and the other is the Austin school district is not that great. Round Rock is a better school district than Austin. I am still in a lack of culture shock. I am use to south Austin and the pockets of culture, my favorite being the Hispanic areas. I always said I would not want to live in North Austin b/c it looks too much like a little Dallas. So I was a southy forever and now we moved into this weird mix and are going to have to get on board with some of it I guess. But my concern is in this type of school environment how are they going to react to a HG+ kid. I predict that eyes will roll but I am hoping I am wrong. Time will tell.