Originally Posted by acs
My mother explained pleasantly to me one morning that "your getting to be a big girl now and big girls use the potty." I replied instantly that "Grandma's a big girl and she doesn't use the potty." End of conversation. My mother knew she had lost. About 4 months later, I spontaneously decided on my own that it was time.

Your poor mother, acs!

DS4 really was pretty much trained around 2, and he just wanted a diaper because he didn't want to tear himself away from whatever he was playing with. The last straw was when I noticed he was pooping in his diaper, and I said, c'mon let's go get you cleaned up, and he said "wait, I just have to squish it in first." I told him then and there "no more diapers for you!" And that was that.

Oh, and when DS first wanted to be trained, we went to pick out some undies at the Disney store. I was showing him Bruce Lightyear etc, and he said, "no i want cinderella!" I tried to convince him to get boy underwear, but he said "mom, i would never pee on the princesses." So of course we had to get those! (daddy wasn't too happy about that...)