Hi Ladybugmom,

I am so glad you started your own thread. I know it has been mentioned but look up Ruf and her 5 levels of giftedness. I have recently read the book b/c I too have a 26 month old that was blowing our minds and had we had the same issues of friends with small children in disbelief and us basically hiding or downplaying her accomplishments.

Just my opinion and please take it as that, but since Ruf is fresh on my mind ... I believe you have a gifted child, probably both are gifted. I would say since your DS is starting to read at 5 he is most likely level 1. As for your DD chris is right about how hard it would be trying to figure exactly what level she is at unless she is completely off the charts and even then she would be at least a level 3 but until tested not sure if she is 3,4 or 5. By what you described you DD sounds to be level 1 or 2. Again this is from a new participant who is just coming to terms with the giftedness and my own kiddo, so I could be way off in my assessment.

Either way, gifted or not ... I fully believe and following the lead of your child and allow them to learn through play.