Are there just not enough pre-K programs in your area, or is it about getting into the "right" program?

I wish it was that we are being picky and trying to get into the 'right' program. [sigh] The area we live in has so many churches and most of those churches have preschools. (In fact our area of town has a much higher ratio of churches then even downtown probably because of the views.) I AM limiting myself to church preschools (FYI) because I do not need a 5 day a week program and theoretically want preschool more for socialization for my child, but from talking to the directors of these programs it appears that the church preschools are more prep than anything else. (Referring all of you back to Powerpoint.) I have to admit that if I was willing to send my DD to daycare 5 days a week I could get her in no problem, but I am a stay at home mom and just do not see the need to put her in that and FYI MOST moms are stay at home in this area so this is why the church programs are the most popular. And since they start at 2 instead of 3 and everyone and their dog have been on the waiting list since conception!!!! we get to sit on 4 waiting lists (and I could have added ourselves to more but the ones I didn't submit to are the highly sought programs and I knew it was not worth our time. So we are on the list of the lower end programs and still fear that we won't get in. [sigh]