Okay first of all I will answer your question about the area I live in: yes we have a large university professor population and research lab as well. In fact, we have the largest University in the country (The last time I checked) and a lot of those professors live with their families in our district.

As for the hothouse comment ... ???? Are you accusing me of hothousing? I am just amazed by the comment back to my post. I will set the record straight right now if in fact that was your approach. I have never hothoused my child. I am a huge believer in learning through play and our DD guides us not the other way around. Now if you are making assumptions that the result of our district is hothousing, it is possible sure but I do not believe the information I post was enough to conclude this assumption. As for the comments about the colors I referred to another persons post stating that 3 is around the age colors are focused on since most kids start preschool during that time. So drawing from that logic I stated preschool typically starts around 2 here. Again the need to jump to hothouse escapes me.

I was simply giving an argument my DH brought up that given the area we live in gives us a different view.