Originally Posted by chris1234
Your dd sounds pretty tremendous, however from experience I can say it can be pretty hard to tell 'for sure' if your child is gifted when they are a toddler unless they are doing something utterly off the charts like reading at 2 or 3, or doing simple math at 3.
I think those things are pretty darn rare - that would make things too easy! wink
(It can be hard to tell even after they've tested 'gt'! Lol!)

Has anyone here ever heard of the Denver II test? I haven't seen many references to it here.

It's often used to assess developmental delay, but if you look at the form in that link, you'll see that you can use it to make some guesstimates about meeting milestones early. It's also a nice reference for seeing typical ages for meeting developmental milestones.

My kids are/were way to the left on some of these items and smack in the middle or right-leaning on others.

Read carefully! The entry 6 words means "knows six words," not "combines six words."

(Caveat: people go through training to learn how to administer this test, so our conclusions will be rough at best.)

Val