OGM Don't worry! I totally understood what you were saying. I have several anthropologist friends who work in very rural places where cloth is expensive and diapers non-existant. Our culture is different, more mobile, more parent child separation and most important, more carpets!

I was making a joke at my own expense. Really, I have never been an attentive parent. Whenever we were at a party and kids started crying or we heard one fall, I was usually the last mother the get up. Typically, if I was enjoying my conversation, I had completely forgetten that I even had a kid. It was only after everyone I was talking to ran to the kids room that I remembered I was even a parent and then I reluctantly got up to check on DS. It was sort of a running joke among my friends grin So when I was reminded of the more way other cultures parent, it just brought all those early years back. I knew even in Peru I probably would have been the mom who set her kid under a tree to play or pee while I planted corn and then forgot to pick him up at the end of the day. LOL!

Last edited by acs; 11/26/08 09:16 AM.