Originally Posted by Dottie
ACS, your mother is obviously a better person than I am. 6 years straight of diapers was more than enough for me, and whenever I had two in them, I "forced" the older child out. There is only so much I can deal with. I bumped the last one out while he was still 1, whistle .

I think we just have different ideas of what is irritating. Since DS didn't complain when he was wet, I typically only changed him once in the morning and once at night (or when I smelled #2). I can't believe I just confessed that publically blush . You'd be amazed at how much those modern diapers can hold shocked. I didn't mean to be that negligent, we just had more intersting things to do with our day! And he was not prone to rashes or anything.

Once he was trained, we always had to plan ahead. We travel a lot and it always seemed like he needed to go potty just when the flight attendant said, "Please return to your seats and prepare for landing." or when we were stuck in traffic or on a subway train. And when he needed to go, he needed to go right then. It was very frustrating. So from my perspective diapers were way easier than the alternative!