I suspect the teacher thinks I'm a nut-case and she may even be lying to me. When I told her that DS tested at a Level O in January or February she said that the kindergarten comprehension tests are different and the questions are not as complex. But a Level O assessment is the same no matter what grade a kid is in, right?! That has been my experience working as a tutor last year, although I never actually gave anyone those assessments.
At conferences she told me that they could not subject accelerate DS for math because of scheduling conflicts. She showed me an advanced workbook and told me she would have DS do it during independent work time. A couple days ago I asked DS about the workbook/harder math work and he insists that the math that he is doing is exactly the same as the rest of the kids. I asked the teacher yesterday about the workbook and she hesitated. She said she is mixing it up with other stuff and it's in his packet. I just don't know what to think. It's like the teacher is deliberately trying to sabotage any efforts to get DS to work at the right level. She is the opposite of hothousing.