Thanks Tigerle. I have looked at Mary Baldwin, from a distance, a few times. I thought it would be a good option too. Lots of digging led to mixed reviews and it was hard to sort through them without actually visiting the place ourselves. I will add it to the list for when we get a chance to get to the U.S. It would appear to be a place that could suit our needs, although more of an arts bent than science which is DDs preference.

I agree that it is hard to make judgements about what might be achievable for DD in a year or so re going away to school. At the moment she is a little anxious about a weekend away for school. It would be ok but she is in a new year group not with the friends she knows. I keep the possibility in the back of my mind but it would have to be a specialized program like Mary Baldwin geared to younger students. Simon Rock was another consideration.

At the moment the first priority would seem to be looking at the SATs or ACT. I downloaded a practise test and there is also lots of material on Khan Academy as a quick first look. The Maths doesn't seem to be an issue and there were no questions needing Imperial conversion on the test I saw. The English is will need some practise. I can see DD getting a bit tangled with some of it, just because it is not the sort of test she is used to.

While she works on the test prep, we can also look at the options. There are a bunch of Universities I have never heard of I the DC, Maryland, Virginia area but there may be reasons I haven't heard of them so work to be done.