We are posting to the DC area from Australia in the next 12-24 months. DH is likely to move sooner as DD wants to finish school in Australia first which will occur in Nov/Dec 2016 and I will stay here with her until she does.

The University selection and admission process is very different in the US and I am seeking all or any advice on choosing and admitting to a Uni for DD, remembering she is an International applicant so slightly different again to domestic applicants.

Background: DD is turning 14 and in yr 11 this year. She is stronger in Maths, Chem and Physics but is taking Advanced English as well. She is not sure what she wants to do but a STEM orientation is possible. Forensic psychology and criminolgy also rate. Due to her age she will live at home. We will choose our rental home based on where DD can access Uni through public transport.

We can do both SAT and ACT in Australia if needed. American University is one option and they specifically do not want either for International applicants.

I am aware there is a long lead time to apply to Uni in the States so am starting the process now although DD will not have final info needed to apply until Dec 2016. This puts her in the Fall 2017 intake. That's fine as she will have a gap year to travel with us and become established.

All thoughts are welcome. I have been looking at the big and small Universities. Personal attention would suit DD better as she is quiet and introverted. It is not something she would get easily here at the big Universities. Thank you to those who started helping on the other thread.