Originally Posted by ndw
I have been looking at the big and small Universities. Personal attention would suit DD better as she is quiet and introverted. It is not something she would get easily here at the big Universities. Thank you to those who started helping on the other thread.

I am sorry I can't be of much help - I'm not an East Coast person smile I did jus want to throw one thing out there though, since Johns Hopkins was mentioned. I have a friend who's ds is a freshman at Johns Hopkins this year, and he's been really disappointed in his experience because of the *size* of the classes for freshmen. Most of his classes are huge - some are 200+ students. This freshman is also a kid who has an easy time meeting and making friends and he attended a family large high school... but he's still not enjoyed the size of the classes and feeling like he was just a dot in the crowd at Johns Hopkins. Please know I'm not knocking Johns Hopkins - it's a wonderful university, just wanted to point that out since the OP specifically stated her dd would possibly want to be in an environment with personal attention.

Best wishes for your move!

polarbear

Last edited by polarbear; 02/11/15 03:30 PM.