I agree that delayed consequences don't work - for any child.

Originally Posted by jaylivg
the school doesn't offer anything as far as IEP or 504 ./quote]

I am not sure what you mean by "doesn't offer" - an IEP or a 504 isn't something that's typically "offered" by a school - most often parents have to initiate the process - which you *can* do - and the school then is legally required to respond with either an agreement to proceed with an eligibility review or a written reason stating why your child does not meet the need for an eligibility review (this is for an IEP). The procedure for requesting a 504 is similar - *you* (parent) can make the request and the school has to respond with either a yes/no to agree to a meeting to determine eligibility/need for a 504 plan. It's not clear to me if you've tried asking for an IEP or 504 and it's been denied? Or is it something you haven't requested yet?

[quote]They keep giving him detentions after detentions , or taking away his recess time . Does it seem to work ? Well obviously not , but do they try something else ? No .. they keep doing what they're doing , knowing that it hasn't really worked .

And this is where having an IEP or 504 plan in place is important - the plan will outline the steps to take when your child has a behavior issue at school.

polarbear