I am pretty sure they don't give detentions to kids with reading problems , as far as i know they do help them to learn .

I am not saying what he did at school is acceptable , it is not acceptable . So we did tell DS , when you are angry and feeling that it's not fair , anything that makes you feeling angry , just count to 20 or as many as you need , then take a deep breath and go to your happy place . If it's your bedroom then imagine you're in your bedroom etc . I told him he can't just do what he did , because that behavior is unacceptable . He understood that it is unacceptable , he mentioned he's very tired and very frustrated with all the things going on .

Please , let me ask you something too .

How normal is it to give consequences a day after it happened ? For example , DS had to move his clip 2 times on friday , and on monday , he had to pay for it , his consequences for what he did 2 days ago , he lost his recess and had to sit by the wall . We also have discussed this with the asst.principal , she agreed to give the consequences the same day , right away and the type of consequences is not just sitting by the wall but would rather him running laps . Obviously they can't be consistent with it .

How normal is it for school giving the consequences a day after it happened or if it falls on the weekend then the consequences has to be delayed until the weekend is over ? Wonder if all school does this kind of punishments ?